If there's one really bright spot at Humboldt General Hospital, it's Harmony Manor, our 30-bed, community-based skilled nursing facility. Harmony Manor is led by a fine team of professionals including a medical director and dozens of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and nursing assistants. The center offers a full range of rehabilitation services, social services and activity programs. Plus, Harmony Manor is just a step away from the offices of local physicians, providing a continuity of care for those patients who find it is time for extended medical assistance.
Humboldt General Hospital's Long-Term Care unit:
- Is a five star Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rated nursing facility
- Features quality nursing staff, many of whom have worked at the facility for several years
- Provides care when you or a loved one cannot live independently for either a short time or indefinitely
- Serves as a clinical teaching site for nursing aid students
- 24-hour nursing care - our highly trained nursing staff provides the highest quality of care to our residents.
- Full nutrition services - residents enjoy foods that they like and that fit with their dietary needs. Residents appreciate a variety of choices at each meal.
- Physical and occupational therapy - Our team of therapists develop a rehabilitation program to fit the individual needs of each resident and assist them with regaining the best level of function possible.
- Licensed social worker - is available to meet the emotional and psychological needs of our residents during their stay and assist them with their transition back to the community when able.
- Activities - we take pride in offering a wide variety of activities to help our residents enjoy each moment.
- Immediate access to primary, specialty, and emergency care.
Nearby Lab and
Radiology services available at Humboldt General Hospital.
- Faith services - we provide a variety of faith services on-site each Sunday and bible study during the week.
- Community volunteers/visitors - Members of our hospital auxiliary as well as other visitors from the Humboldt County community help bring a wide variety of activities to our facility and provide many opportunities for our residents to stay engaged.
Five-star ranking from CMS
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) created the Five-Star Quality Rating System to help consumers, their families, and caregivers compare nursing homes more easily and help identify areas about which to ask questions.
Ratings are created from the following three sources of data:
- Health Inspections
- Quality Measures
Harmony Manor's Long-Term Care Unit CMS Score Card
Payment: Private Pay/Medicaid
Number of beds: 30
Continuing-care retirement community: No
Ownership: Government - hospital district
Overall rating: 5 stars
Health inspections:5 stars
Nurse staffing: 5 stars
Quality measures: 5 stars
For more information about Humboldt General Hospital's Long-Term Care facility, Harmony Manor, please call Nurse Manager Robin Gillis at (775) 623-5222, ext. 1420.