"Our mission is to enhance the health, wellness, and safety of our community through empowered giving."
The Humboldt General Hospital Community Giving Committee was formed by the Humboldt County Hospital Board of Trustees as a way to enhance the health, wellness, and safety of our community through empowered giving. This grant program allows the hospital to extend its healthcare reach through the priorities, programs, and events of its giving partners. Organizations that contribute to the health, wellness, and safety of the Humboldt County community are invited to apply. Because HGH already gives to local sporting communities through its annual free sports physicals, no sports organizations or sports-related programs or events will be considered.
Before applying, please note:
- There is no deadline to apply; applications may be submitted at any time.
- Applications may remain pending for up to 90 days.
- Applicant organizations will be asked to make a brief presentation to the HGH Community Giving Committee prior to any grant consideration.
- Grants will only be considered for organizations that contribute to the overall health, wellness, and safety of the Humboldt County community.
- Grants will not be considered for sports organizations or sports-related programs or events. Fundraiser walks/runs that contribute to a health-, safety-, or wellness-related cause may be considered.
- The Community Giving Committee will not fund administrative costs including, but not limited to, rent, utilities, and/or salaries.
Organizations applying must meet one of the following criteria:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed in the IRS Master File, that conducts activities in the United States. Applicant organizations with 501(c)(3) status will be asked to provide a copy of their current IRS documentation letter.
- A recognized government entity, state, county, or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments, that is requesting funds exclusively for public purposes.
- A K–12 public or private school, community college, state/private college or university that is requesting funds exclusively for public purposes.
- A church or other faith-based organization that is requesting funds exclusively for public purposes.
All applications must be completed in full in order to be considered. Submitting an application does not guarantee funding nor does requesting a specific funding amount guarantee that amount.
Community Giving Committee meetings
The HGH Community Giving Committee meets at least once each quarter. Agendas will be posted here at least three working days prior to each meeting; minutes will be posted upon approval by committee members. The public is invited to attend.