Community Giving Committee
"Our mission is to enhance the health, wellness and safety of our
community through empowered giving.”
The Humboldt General Hospital Community Giving Committee was formed by
the Humboldt County Hospital Board of Trustees as a way to enhance the
health, wellness and safety of our community through empowered giving.
This grant program allows the hospital to extend its healthcare reach
through the priorities, programs and events of its giving partners. Organizations
that contribute to the health, wellness and safety of the Humboldt County
community are invited to apply. Because Humboldt General Hospital already
gives to local sporting communities through its annual Free Sports Physicals,
no sports organizations or sports-related programs or events will be considered.
Before applying, please note:
- There is no deadline to apply; applications may be submitted at any time.
- Applications may remain pending for up to 90 days.
- Applicant organizations will be asked to make a brief presentation to the
HGH Community Giving Committee prior to any grant consideration.
- Grants will only be considered for organizations that contribute to the
overall health, wellness and safety of the Humboldt County community.
- Grants will not be considered for sports organizations or sports-related
programs or events. Fundraiser walks/runs that contribute to a health-,
safety- or wellness-related cause may be considered.
- The Community Giving Committee will not fund administrative costs inluding,
but not limited to, rent, utilities and/or salaries.
Organizations applying must meet one of the following criteria:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3)
of the Internal Revenue Code, listed in the IRS Master File, that conducts
activities in the United States. Applicant organizations with 501(c)(3)
status will be asked to provide a copy of their current IRS documentation letter.
- A recognized government entity: state, county or city agency, including
law enforcement or fire departments, that is requesting funds exclusively
for public purposes.
- A K-12 public or private school, community college, state/private college
or university, that is requesting funds exclusively for public purposes.
- A church or other faith-based organization that is requesting funds exclusively
for public purposes.
All applications must be completed in full in order to be considered. Submitting
an application does not guarantee funding nor does requesting a specific
funding amount guarantee that amount.
For more information about the HGH Community Giving Committee, please email
HGH Director of Community Education and Development Nicole Maher at