Thank you for your interest in Humboldt General Hospital. Listed below
are just a few of the benefits we offer. Please contact Human Resources
at (775) 623-5222, ext. 1128, if you have any questions.
- Personal Time Off (PTO) is an all-purpose time-off policy for eligible
employees to use for vacation, illness or injury and personal business.
PTO accrual based on 40 hours/week is equivalent to 10 paid vacation days,
11 paid holidays, 6 short-term sick days per year; after five years of
employment the vacation days increase to 15 paid days, and after 10 years
the vacation days increase to 20 paid days per year. At the end of the
first year or its equivalent (2080 hours) 104 hours are added to accumulated
PTO. Employees can accrue up to 300 hours of PTO. Employees may also elect
to take PTO buyouts in lieu of time off.
- Sick Leave can be used if you are hospitalized or are ill or injured for
longer than 24 scheduled work hours. Sick Leave accrual based on 40 hours/week
is 6 days per year. Employees can accrue up to 480 hours of Sick Leave.
- As a County Hospital District, contributions are paid to the Public Employees
Retirement System. Employees have two plan contribution options: 1) 100%
Employer contribution; or Employee/Employer contribution, where the employee
and employer split the PERS contribution. Please contact Human Resources
for more details. Social Security tax is not withheld for PERS eligible
- Group insurance is provided by HGH to eligible employees. Coverage includes
medical, dental, vision, prescription, and group life insurance.
457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan:
- Contribution to this deferred comp plan is an optional benefit that can
be deducted from payroll pre-tax.
- Optional benefits which can be deducted from payroll include: AFLAC, Colonial
Insurance, Country Companies, Lincoln Benefit.
Back to the Career Center