At Humboldt General Hospital, our team is here five days a week to help you understand and navigate our billing process.
Our billing system is now operated in-house by trained, local residents who work for HGH. If you have questions, these friendly and knowledgeable representatives are just a phone call away. You can reach us at 775.253.3058 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
When you receive care at HGH, we will promptly send a claim to your insurance plan based on the insurance information you have provided. After insurance has paid on your claim, our hospital billing department will send you a bill for any remaining amount for which you are responsible.
We typically receive a response from the insurance company within 30 to 60 days.
You will receive separate bills from the physicians and other specialists who provided services to you. This may include emergency room physicians, orthopedic surgeons, and general surgeons.
How to pay your HGH bill
We accept cash, checks, money orders, debit cards, and credit cards.
There are many ways to pay your bill. You can pay a bill the following ways:
- Visit our patient portal.
- Pay in person at the front desk of our hospital or any of our patient clinics.
- Drop off payments in the mailbox outside the main hospital entrance.
- Call our office at 775.253.3058.
50% discount available!
If you have a self-pay balance, you can receive a 50% discount when you pay your balance in full between April 1 and June 15, 2022. Payments can be made in-person, by phone, or mail. Payments cannot be made on the HGH patient portal.
Discount applies to:
- Any HGH account in self-pay status, including uninsured or after-insurance accounts
- Discount may be applied to individual family member accounts
Discount does NOT apply to:
- Harmony Manor or Quail Corner accounts
- Any accounts assigned to a collection agency
- Industrial or commercial accounts
- Copay balances
- Any balances from other discount plans
- How our billing process works
When you have questions about billing
Our knowledgeable team members will assist you with any questions you may have about your bill or you billing statement.
We can also provide any records you need to help you appeal an insurance denial.
If you believe your insurance has not paid in accordance with your health plan, please remember to contact your health insurance first.
Get help estimating treatment costs
Will you be having an MRI, CT scan, or elective surgery? We can estimate the cost of your healthcare service based on your insurance coverage.
What to do if you can't pay your bill
If you are unable to pay your bill in full, payment plans and financial assistance may be available to you.
Learn about our financial assistance services.