What to Bring
Be prepared for your visit to Humboldt General Hospital by bringing:
- A list of all the non-prescription and prescription medications you are
taking, including dose and frequency. (Do not bring the medications.)
- Your hospital insurance cards.
- Your Medicare identification card.
- If covered by State Medical Assistance, your current coupons.
- Your co-pay / deductible identified by your insurance or one of our financial
- A small amount of money (about $5).
- The following personal items, each labeled clearly with your name: sleepwear
(if you prefer it to a hospital gown); slippers (rubber-soled are safest);
personal grooming items; contact lens, eyeglass or hearing aid case.
What Not to Bring
- Appliances such as hair dryers, electric razors or curling irons.
- Valuables, jewelry, wallets, credit cards or more than $5 cash. If you
bring these with you, ask us to place them in our safe when you are admitted.
We cannot accept responsibility for valuables left at your bedside.
- Cigarettes or pipes.
- VCRs or DVD players.
- Cellular phones or other radio frequency transmission devices. These can
interfere with patient-related equipment.
- Personal medical equipment. The hospital will furnish any required medical