Whether it's time for your mammogram or your doctor orders an MRI or a specialized heart imaging test, Humboldt General Hospital can offer you the high-quality exam you deserve.
Our imaging technology and expertise are as good as you'll find in a larger city, so you don't have to travel to get the care you need.
Why you can trust our imaging center
Here are a few good reasons to choose the radiology team at HGH:
Highly trained staff. Our technologists are licensed with the state of Nevada and are registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
We have a board-certified radiologist in our department to review and interpret most imaging tests. A cardiologist reviews heart tests.
Top–of-the-line equipment. We have invested in modern equipment for our community. Here are some of the highlights:
- Our 3-D digital mammography, which creates detailed images that can help improve breast cancer detection. These high-quality images also reduce the need for radiologists to call patients back for additional tests.
- Our latest MRI scanner has artificial intelligence for better image quality and has patient-friendly features, like a quieter scan in half the time.
- Our advanced computed tomography (CT) technology and techniques help us limit the amount of radiation you are exposed to during a scan.
Comprehensive services. Imaging tests we perform include:
- Digital x-rays (available without an appointment).
- Bone densitometry to help diagnose osteoporosis.
- Body composition scans, which measure total fat versus muscle.
- Ultrasound exams of the heart and blood vessels.
- Nuclear medicine.
- Heart, vascular, and pregnancy ultrasound exams.
Easy access. Our goal is to get you in as quickly as possible when you need an imaging test.
Our outpatient imaging department is open for scheduled appointments Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A member of our staff is always available to answer calls to the emergency department.
Schedule your imaging test
With the exception of mammograms and body composition scans, you will need an order from your doctor to have a medical imaging test. To schedule an imaging test, please call 775.623.5222, ext. 1130.