At Humboldt General Hospital, highly trained registered nurses provide a wide range of infusion therapies that your doctor orders. We offer these services in our outpatient Infusion Therapy Department.
We're open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for most therapies. And we will work your treatments into your busy day.
Our infusion services
We offer many treatments, including some that people may need on a regular basis to treat a long-term disease.
Here are some of our services:
- Antibiotics and antifungal therapy.
- Hydration and electrolyte replacement.
- Iron replacement for anemia.
- Blood products transfusions.
- Autoimmune disease treatment (multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and Crohn's disease, to name a few).
- Fabrazyme for treatment of Fabry-Anderson disease.
- PICC line care and maintenance.
- Port maintenance and lab draws.
- IM/SQ injections for a variety of conditions.
What to expect
When you arrive in our Infusion Department, you will be greeted by a highly trained registered nurse. Your nurse will prepare your infusion and monitor the therapy. Our team enjoys building rapport with our patients, some of whom may need weekly treatments.
During your infusion, you may relax comfortably in a chair or bed. Each of our infusion bays has a TV. Snacks and meals are available.
How to use our infusion services
We will need an order from your physician to provide you with infusion treatments.
You or your doctor can call us at 775.623.5222, ext. 1250, to learn more about our infusion services or to request treatment.